Greetings!

What's the Matter? Didn't you have anyone in pink pumps fix your computer before?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

It's me, Janet. I've been working in network support ... a long time. Thanks for checking into my little corner of the Internet to glean some helpful hints on what you can do technology wise. I imagine I'll do some ranting and raving as well. Stick with me and I'll endeavor to make it worth your time.

Every day I go home with a headache. It's not a matter of IF I will get one, but WHEN it will hit. I have my headache relief pills in my top drawer -never too far from reach.

My work is rewarding though. I enjoy logging into someone's system remotely and leaving it in better shape than it was. Perhaps I have logged into your computer. Maybe we've never even spoken. Even so, I still want to help you.

I like Farmville. For those of you not in Facebook, it's a farming game application in Facebook. What I like about it is that it encourages people to help each other. That's what I love about my work. The folks I work with are so cool and so appreciative.

On to the business at hand... tech tips. When you are doing your taxes be sure to use an encrypted email system. Make a personal business email just for financial transactions. Don't use it for socializing. Don't post it on any blog or social network. Don't use it for chatting. Keep this a secret between you, your bank, and the people you pay bills to.... including Uncle Sam.

See you next time. I probably will not run out of ideas any time soon, but you can always email your questions and I will get to them all. May I help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment