Greetings!

What's the Matter? Didn't you have anyone in pink pumps fix your computer before?

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Broke the Cardinal Rule!

Thou shalt not install two antivirus programs.

Ok, I did it on purpose. Does that make it worse? My Windows 7 computer had a non-symantec product on it. I needed a Windows7 machine to test the new antivirus that I installed on our antivirus server. It worked like a charm on our computers that had a Symantec product on it already. It uninstalled the product and installed the new antivirus without anything needing to be done by the people using the computers.  The new antivirus installed on my XP machine as expected, but the Windows 7 machine added the new Symantec product without removing my other program.

Why is having two antivirus programs bad?

It's kind of like having two adult women living together. One insists you must vacuum before you dust because the vacuuming stirs up dust. The other insists you must dust first because dusting stirs up dust. Who's right? It doesn't matter! Two antiviruses fight like women against each other and slow the computer down.

Don't break the cardinal rule-even if I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment