Greetings!

What's the Matter? Didn't you have anyone in pink pumps fix your computer before?

Monday, October 18, 2010

What is a Beta Version?

A beta version is a program version that is still in development and/or testing. Under most circumstances I would not recommend downloading them. The exception to this is when you have a computer that can be scrapped and easily reimaged. You don't know how your system will react to a beta version and if it will be easy to uninstall.

I only download beta versions on computers that are not the primary storage location for my data. The reason I am cautioning you is a new version for Adobe Reader has been released to besta testing. It purports to fix security holes which is a good thing, but I'm not sure it's worth installing the beta versioni of the software. I'm not a fan of trying out new software on a production system.

As with any time you do an install of sotware, it's a good idea to create a system restore point prior to downloading the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment