Greetings!

What's the Matter? Didn't you have anyone in pink pumps fix your computer before?

Monday, October 4, 2010

Can You Repeat That?

I hate calling customer support and reaching India, the Phillipines, or South America. Ticks me off to no end. We have lots of folks here in America who need jobs, yet companies ship our jobs overseas to profit foreign economies. What we are left with is poor customer service.

I do customer service for a living so I know a bit about what customers expect.
  • Good connections. When the connection is so bad that you and the other party can't hear each other it's time to complain to the vendor that transferred you to the other side of the world. Don't stand for it.
  • Good communication skills. The English level needs to be at a level that is comfortable to the customer. It really chaps my hide when I have to spell my first name. My first name is J as in Juliett, A as in Alpha, N as in November, E as in Echo, T as in Tango--Janet like Janet Jackson. 
  • Speedy service. People don't want to be tossed from queue to queue with no resolution. 
  • The ability to escalate to a manager. Don't tell us that there is no manager because that is total BS.
  • Resolution. At the end of the day we just want our problem solved. 
If all the companies that outsourced their service abroad, pulled out and gave those jobs to Americans it would make a big impact on our economy. Write your representative and tell him/her there should be tighter regulations regarding outsourcing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment