Greetings!

What's the Matter? Didn't you have anyone in pink pumps fix your computer before?

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why Do I Have a Simple Email Signature?

I like people to receive my emails. Anything you do to spiff up your signature increases the chance that your recipients will not receive your email. Occasionally, I email someone who works for the federal government and even though I am very careful about what I put in my emails to that person, I still get reject notices  (failure to deliver messages).

This is my email signature:

Janet Perkins

Technology Help Desk/System Admin

MY COMPANY name here
MY WORK PHONE HERE

Add me in Facebook! (this is hyperlinked to my profile)

Check my blog! (this is hyperlinked to this blog)
My advanced user blog! (this is hyperlinked to my advanced user blog)

I don't add any badges or photos. I do not use Word to format my messages and I most certainly do not have a background to my messages. I would rather be cute elsewhere and have my recipients receive my emails.

Here's how you know that your email signature is a problem. One or two people complain they never get your emails and you don't know why.  Your emails aren't going to spam because they checked that already. Here's what you do. Take out everything in your signature: Word formatting, badges, photos and backgrounds and see if they receive your emails.

If you have important information that needs to reach people, keep it simple and they'll get your emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment