Greetings!

What's the Matter? Didn't you have anyone in pink pumps fix your computer before?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yep, I'm Snobby (When It Comes to Camera Lenses)

Ok, I'm a lens snob. A relative who was a film major taught me to be one. The better the lens, the better the photo. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a crappy photographer, but somehow in spite of myself I manage to pull off some really good photos. It's the camera, not me and I know it. I have gone through every brand of digital camera, mainly because I lose cameras (my fault). Now, I don't experiment with brands any more. I locate the best Nikon I can afford and get that one.

Lens do make a difference. Once you've owned a Nikon lens, you love Nikon lenses. People always ask me when they see my photos which type of camera took it. It's always a Nikon point and shoot (because I don't know how to use SLR, nor have the desire to learn). If you would prefer an expert opinion see this link: http://photo.net/equipment/35mm/canon-v-nikon.


I bought my mother, who is in her 70s, a Nikon point and shoot. It was her first digital camera. When I gave it to her she said something to the effect of she already had a camera. Now she can't part with this camera. Even she will not loan it out and she loans out everything.

Next time you are in the market for a digital camera, consider a Nikon.; really they rock. Unless you are buying for your department a shared camera, then buy something that won't disappear; a Nikon one will. Anyone have experience with Nikon cameras/lenses and like to share about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment